PVR Bulletin – August 2017
2017 CONVENTION RECAP:
- A new resolution passed during the Legion General Session to make PROJECT:VetRelief an official program of the American Legion, Department of Florida
- Received $14,841.55 in donations from the Legion Family
- Trained 102 VetRelief Advocates, and received 100% positive feedback from a class survey
- Awarded 36 Posts and 25 Squadrons with their PVR Challenge awards and ribbons
- Sold ALL PVR polos in Legion’s Emblem Sales
- Distributed 4,000+ brochures to Legion Family members to take back to their Posts*
If you missed the chance to attend an Advocate Training, don’t worry! Additional classes will be held at the Department Fall Conference this November. Stay tuned for more details.
* For promotional items, such as brochures or fliers, contact Jennifer Cooper by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-295-2631
COMMANDER’S FUNDRAISING PROJECT:
Every year the Florida Legion Department Commander encourages Legion Posts to raise money for a specific charity, or charities, for their Fundraising Project. Steve Shuga, thenewly elected Department Commander, has chosen PROJECT: VetRelief as his primary chartiy of choice.
Commander Shuga has set a goal to collect a total of $50,000 during his one-year term as Department Commander. The Legion Posts are asked to make a one-time donation or hold fundraising event(s) to help him reach his goal.
Once the goal of $50,000 has been met, he has decided that any additional donations submitted will go towards other Florida Legion Programs. However, the Legion Family can still contribute to PVR by making donations directly payable to PROEJCT: VetRelief.
As an added bonus, any donations that are submitted through the Commander’s Fundraising Project will also count towards the PVR Challenge. The Challenge details are still the same as last year where Posts are encouraged to donate $1.00 per member of their Post. However, the Challange incentives will be different than last year, and will be announced during the Fall Conference in November. Be sure you don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS – Upcoming Events
4TH ANNUAL RL JAMES CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT
When: Friday, September 8, 2017
Where: Tranquilo Golf Club at Four, Seasons Resort, Orlando (Map It)
Time: Registration – 7:00AM | Shotgun – 8:30AM
Cost: $150 – Individual Player | $600 – Foursome
Join us for day of golf, great food, fun contests and chances to win cool prizes!
2ND ANNUAL ALR CORAL HEAD MUSIC FEST
When: Saturday, February 17, 2018
Where: Marathon, FL (Map It)
Time: 11:00AM – 11:00PM
Tickets: $30 – Early Bird Special | $40 – At the Gate
Bands: Great White, Slaughter, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Lazy Bonez, and many more!
Support Cases – Year End Totals